CONTENT EDITOR TANZANIABUZZ Login to Apply
posted on : 2 months ago
Industry : Media / Entertainment Job Function : Marketing / Communications
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 3 years’ experience in writing and editing/ publishing
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
Responsible to strategise, plan, produce and edit TanzaniaBuzz content for the website and newspaper and managing the editorial team. The job holder will also be responsible for the vision content of TanzaniaBuzz and creatively write in a ‘voice’ that resonates with the TanzaniaBuzz audience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A journalism degree or at least 5 years writing/publishing experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a passion for movies, events, trending topics and the Tanzania entertainment sector.
- At least 3 years’ experience in writing and editing/ publishing, ability to work under daily tight deadlines with have a vision of editorial content for TanzaniaBuzz Client with experience in developing content on website and/ newspaper or writing lifestyle content and a passion for movies, events, trending topics and the Tanzania entertainment sector.
Full Job Description
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key result areas:
- Work with the Digital Lead to develop an annual content strategy & editorial calendar.
- Implement the content strategy, operationalize the editorial calendar, use data and statistics to monitor the content and change course as needed.
- They proactively source for, edit and upload content for the website and upload it in the accurate format and send links back to clients.
- They compile content for the newspaper and partners in a timely manner.
- They compile the events, movies and kids newsletters accurately and thoughtfully.
- They compile statistics to be shared at the end of each month.
- They manage newsletter contacts as required.
- All other editorial duties as assigned.
- There is always an updated content rota and conduct editorial meetings so the content writers are clear about their daily, weekly and monthly editorial requirements.
- The quality and quantity of the content for the newspaper and website- edit content and mentor Content Writers as needed.
- Content from outside the organization is received regularly and is of the quantity and quality agreed in contracts.
- Create the annual schedule of newsletter themes.
- Create the monthly detailed editorial calendar for each issue.
- Assign the articles to a team of content writers.
- Oversee the quality of the articles produced and edit them as needed.
- Oversee the entire layout and production of the newsletter.
Register to view and apply for jobs. Use the right panel to register
© 2018 Mwananchi Communications Limited