PROCUREMENT OFFICER Login to Apply
posted on : 2 months ago
Industry : Print /Digital Media Job Function : Supply Chain / Procurement
Job Experience Level : Entry Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 3 - 5
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
procurement officer will oversee purchases and develop new contracts, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Full Job Description
- Receives, reviews and approves IPRs within authority limits.
- Gets approval from Section Managers and MD for IPRs above authority.
- Prepare annual procurement plan and monitor its execution.
- Coordinate purchases for major expenditure through tender board.
- Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers.
- Ensures that IPRs are promptly issued for goods and services and LPO/FPOs are approved.
- Follow up and ensures that goods and services ordered are actually delivered as per specifications.
- Monitor consumption, stock and re-order level.
- Ensure that all returns, printed waste, miscellaneous disposable assets and materials are sold in accordance with the approved procedure.
- Liaise with user departments to ensure that all office utilities are readily available and cost effectively used.
- Monitors all insurance matters to ensure adequate cover, settlement of claims and update records.
- Perform annual supplier’s evaluation and communicate feedback for improvements.
- Manage supplier relationship.
Register to view and apply for jobs. Use the right panel to register
© 2018 Mwananchi Communications Limited